4800 Steps to miles
The average stride length is 2.5 feet, so 4800 steps would amount to approximately 2.42 miles.
4800 Steps to miles for walking
When walking, height and stride length affect the distance of steps. On average, 4800 steps are about 2.42 miles.
4800 Steps to miles for running
When running, height and speed affect the distance of the steps. Typically, running 4800 steps is about 2.88 miles.
How long does it take to walk 4800 steps?
At an average walking pace, it takes 43-48 minutes to walk 4800 steps. The time mainly depends on your step length and walking speed.
Below is the time to walk 1000 steps based on speed and height.
How many calories are burned while walking 4800 steps a day?
On average, every 1,000 steps will burn 30-40calories, so 4800 steps will burn 144-192 calories. But it depends on your weight, gender, height, and age.
How many steps a day does the average adult take?
According to VeryWellFit, studies conducted in the US in 2010 and 2016 concluded that the average American adult takes between 5,000 and 7,000 steps a day.
How to walk more?
Some people with time or fitness constraints may prefer to set a smaller goal at first, such as aiming to walk 3 miles every day. Although it’s a much shorter distance, you’ll still experience health benefits. For more on this, read how many steps per mile there are in 3 miles. Here are a few tips to help you walk more:
- Set a goal: Consider how much you currently walk and set a goal to increase that amount. For example, you might aim to walk an extra 1,000 steps each day.
- Make a plan: Decide when and where you will walk. You can incorporate walking into your daily routine by taking a walk after meals, during your lunch break, or before or after work.
- Track your progress: Use a pedometer or a fitness tracker to track your steps and monitor your progress towards your goal.
- Find a walking partner: Walking with a friend or family member can make the time pass more quickly and provide motivation to keep walking.
- Vary your route: Mix things up by exploring new neighborhoods or walking trails. This can help keep you motivated and interested in walking.
- Wear comfortable shoes: Invest in a good pair of walking shoes to ensure that you are comfortable while walking.