Steps to Miles
Here we can help you determine how many miles you have covered based on the number of steps.
How many calories are burned while walking?
For every 1 mile of walking, 100 calories are burned. So walking 3 miles will consume 300 calories.
A study published in the National Library of Medicine found that walking 10,000 steps a day can provide a great aerobic workout. This can help you lose weight.
How many steps a day does the average adult take?
According to VeryWellFit, studies conducted in the US in 2010 and 2016 concluded that the average American adult takes between 5,000 and 7,000 steps a day.
How to walk more?
Some people with time or fitness constraints may prefer to set a smaller goal at first, such as aiming to walk 3 miles every day. Although it’s a much shorter distance, you’ll still experience health benefits. For more on this, read how many steps per mile there are in 3 miles. Here are a few tips to help you walk more:
- Set a goal: Consider how much you currently walk and set a goal to increase that amount. For example, you might aim to walk an extra 1,000 steps each day.
- Make a plan: Decide when and where you will walk. You can incorporate walking into your daily routine by taking a walk after meals, during your lunch break, or before or after work.
- Track your progress: Use a pedometer or a fitness tracker to track your steps and monitor your progress towards your goal.
- Find a walking partner: Walking with a friend or family member can make the time pass more quickly and provide motivation to keep walking.
- Vary your route: Mix things up by exploring new neighborhoods or walking trails. This can help keep you motivated and interested in walking.
- Wear comfortable shoes: Invest in a good pair of walking shoes to ensure that you are comfortable while walking.