Body mass index (BMI) is a measure of body fat based on height and weight that applies to adult men and women. Use the BMI Calculator to find out your BMI.
- Enter your weight and height.
- Select “Calculate” and your BMI will appear below.
Understanding your BMI result
Underweight = <18.5
Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
Overweight = 25–29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater
Standard BMI ranges by age group
BMI is a measure of body fat based on height and weight. While the BMI ranges are the same for adults of all ages, the interpretation of the results may differ for children and teens due to differences in growth and development. Here are the standard BMI ranges by age group:
For Adults (ages 20 and older):
– Underweight: Below 18.5
– Normal weight: 18.5-24.9
– Overweight: 25-29.9
– Obese: 30 and above
For Children and Teens (ages 2-19):
– Underweight: Below the 5th percentile
– Normal weight: 5th percentile to less than the 85th percentile
– Overweight: 85th percentile to less than the 95th percentile
– Obese: Equal to or greater than the 95th percentile
Reverse BMI Calculator
Calculate your BMI in reverse and find out how much weight you need to lose or gain to reach your ideal body weight with our Reverse Calculator.
What Next? Take action towards better health
- Healthy Activity
- Healthy Eating