To lose weight and get in shape, people often choose to exercise to promote fat burning. According to research, if you choose to workout in the morning, you will not only make alert faster to start the new day but also wake up your body and increase your metabolism throughout the day. However, do you know whether you should eat and what to eat before workout in the morning? Don’t worry, this article will answer all your questions!
Why you should eat before morning workout
In the beginning, we should figure out the question: should you eat before your morning workout? Of course, you should! Workout with an empty stomach in the morning will not achieve the effect you want, on the contrary, it has the following drawbacks:
- Exercising on an empty stomach can lead to decreased endurance and low blood sugar levels, which may lead to dizziness, nausea, and fatigue.
- Your body will get used to constantly using the energy from fat reserves and start to store more fat than usual.
- Exercising on an empty stomach, such an extreme way of reducing fat often coincides with the method of reducing fat with low carbohydrates in the diet. In the case of the combination of these two points, it is possible to cause ‘ketosis’ to harm health due to the increase of keto bodies in the body.
What to eat before workout in the morning
How many calories to eat
The standard breakfast calorie recommendation is 300-500 calories, to prevent the stomach burden caused by overeating before exercise, it is recommended to eat about 100-150 calories (eg. a banana), the rest of the food can be eaten within 30-60 minutes after your workout in the morning.
Foods to eat
- Low GI carbohydrate: this kind of food can increase body fat energy supply by 17.9%
1) Staple food: whole-wheat bread; purple sweet potato; sweet potato; cereal
2) Fruits: banana; apple; orange; avocado
- High protein: egg; chicken breast; milk
- Fat: salmon; nut
- Liquid: lemon honey water; black coffee; green tea
Here are some recommended foods you can eat before workout in the morning. You can also choose and mix them according to your taste preferences.